Monday, October 26, 2009

Making My Way Back Home

For the first time since January '08 I was on a set. Actually, I have been on sets. TV sets, to be more specific, but if I've been there it's because my best friend is dancing and I go to see her. Sometimes I even take pictures of her, like this one.


On Saturday I was on a different kind of set. A film set for an ad. The difference between a TV set and a film set can be found in the crew, the equipment, and the overall coolness of a film camera.


I worked as an assitant director and -- you know what? I don't wanna go into lame details. I just wanna say that for the first time in a long time I was where I belonged. Between cables and lights and filters and cans of film and shooting plans and monitors and sharing with an amazing crew. I felt like I mattered, like I belonged there. I took pictures of everything like it was my first Christmas or something. Everything was so familiar and yet had a new feeling to it. I'm just so damn excited.

3 comments:

Javier said...

Wow, ahora tambien en ingles? se los pasare a mis amigos de por aca para que vean cosas interesantes y no tanta porqueria dando vueltas

Deistbrawler said...

I wanna be where I belong. *Sobs*
Seriously though, you just made me very jealous.

guiltypartner said...

cool! look at you behind the camera!