Saturday, October 03, 2009

I MIss Her

Isn't it funny how sometimes you miss someone or something you've never had or you've never met?

I miss AlabamaPink. If I tried to explain this to an outsider they'd never get it, but I know my Pajiba pals would get what I mean. I miss her humor. I miss her strength.

You can find all sorts of shit in the Internet and it will be online forever. But it's good to know that some of those ever-lasting "things" will make you a better person. Amanda's blog is still out there for anyone who wants to drop by. I know her spirit lives in her son; an adorable little boy I haven't had the pleasure of meeting personally. But it's good to know that part of her is still out there. It's the only part of her I got to meet.

I'm the happiest I've been in a while. Things are good in my life and I feel strong. And whenever I think of will and my love of life I inevitably remember Amanda. AlabamaPink.

What a legacy you have left us, dear Amanda.

You're so cool, you're so cool, you're so very cool.

1 comment:

Girl With Curious Hair said...

I know exactly what you mean, and I miss her too.