Sunday, February 08, 2009

Yup, I'm in love.

Over the past few months I've been seeing someone. At first I wasn't so sure how I felt about them. I'm all for love between different species, but I had never experienced it myself.

Until I had the first sip. It was love at first taste.

I'm talking about Kunstmann's HonigAle. It's beer... with honey. I'm one of those chicks who drinks beer like a sailor, so I really didn't need the marketing dudes to make it more appealing to me. Seriously, is there anything more girly than sweet beer? Living in a chauvinistic country I couldn't help but feel a bit judged every time I downed a pitcher all by myself. Now I have sweet beer on my side. Whenever I order one I hear guys say, "that's such a girly drink." Why, yes it is, and you're green with envy because you feel guilty over ordering one for yourselves. You'll probably ask me for a sip, and then another one, and then another one. That's okay. The more the merrier. Not only am I drinking more beer, but I'm feeling like a girl while doing so.

So, thank you, Kunstmann's people, for my lovely new summer romance. It'll probably live through fall and winter, too. And I'll definitely sneak a pack or two into the U S of A.

5 comments:

Jeremy Feist said...

Beer? With honey? Consider me intrigued. I'll be sure to give it a try if I ever find it.

meaux said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so happy for you that you've found the love of your life! I feel the same way about Rickards White.

Although, if you're not the jealous type, I'd love to get a taste of your new honey sometime....

BarbadoSlim said...

Hey HELLOOOOOOO! I'm now following this PUNK ass blog BLEHG!

Optimus Rhyme said...

I was just thinking about beer with honey when we were reading Beowulf and I discovered the fun fact that mead was made out of it. Does anyone make mead anymore? I do know a beekeeper if we need to put this together ourselves.

meaux said...

Optimus, my husband used to make mead in his dorm room (yup, I kid you not). If you're interested, I'm sure I could get some tips out of him....