Thursday, January 22, 2009

Is it just me, or...?

Regarding Pajiba's latest comment diversion.

I read the whole thing and stumbled upon many "I slept with my bf/gf's best friend - my best friend's gf/bf" stories. I'm not passing judgment, but I'm curious about this. Whenever one of my friends start dating a guy he immediately becomes a Ken doll to me. He's completely asexual and off limits. If they break up they remain asexual Ken dolls. They're just not an option. I may have wondered what they look like naked, but I do that with every guy that passes by. Besides, whenever I catch myself thinking about them naked I immediately picture them having sex with my friends, and that is just too much for a recovering Catholic like myself to handle. Friends, naked, having sex???? I try not to say "eww" very often, but, gosh darnit, EEEEEHEHEHHEHEHHEEEEWWWWW!

It's not that hard for me to apply the asexual Ken doll rule. I don't really have to think about it; it's more of a reflex. But, hey, you never know for how long you'll stay on your high horse. Hopefully, when it comes to this particular issue, I'll never fall off.

7 comments:

jamiepants said...

Yeah, I feel pretty much the same exact way...never had the urge.

dylanj said...

it's not just you, there was some really crazy stuff on there today.I think the worst thing I did was find this the funniest comment out of all of them

My bad.

Posted by: Hitler's Mom at January 21, 2009 8:04 PM

Jeremy Feist said...

I dunno, I think I only ever apply this rule to the guys my girl friends date. If it's two guys we're talking about, I find that once they break up, anything goes. Although I have a strict "No Homewrecking" Rule. I ain't no ho like that.

Anne (in Reno) said...

Um, I agree, but I think I might have been more "flexible" on the subject in college. I think I was kind of a bitch then. Now happily married and having gotten all of my ya-yas out, I can look at the attractive males in my life approvingly and then go home to mine. It's nice that they are hot, but I have discussed too many personal problems with most of them (and helped them analyze relationships etc.) so I can't imagine going there.

And dylanj, I hope that comment gets the most eloquent of eloquents, it was my favorite. I'm about to go find out...

Rul said...

Well, i dont have a lot of close friends, so im with you on the off limits rule.

A really good frienship always be more important than getting some action...no matter how unbelievable hot any of my friend's girls may be....

and there have been a few pretay, pretay hot ones.....

Figgylicious said...

I totally agree.

The whole idea of cheating just seems so completely wrong to me. Whether it's cheating on your current partner or getting into something with someone who's in a relationship. It's one of the vilest things I can think of, and not something I could forgive in someone.

Lainey said...

After reading all of those comments, I felt kind of sick. There are a lot of people who have little to no moral compass and seem to be on the border of being/becoming sociopaths.

Seriously. It squicked me out and made me want to take a shower.