Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Day At The Office, as Told by Cell Phone Pictures

Walk into the office.

Say "hi" to Susana.

Go to my desk.
Look at pictures of my family on my wall.
Look at my two Gods: Paul Auster and Godtopus.
Stick my fingers together with double contact tape.
Wonder what Judge Judy would do.
Look at my Chaplin posters on the wall to remember why I'm working here.
Sneak up on Paty.
Wake Jimmy and laugh at his startled face.

Go out for a smoke.

Look at the street.
Take pictures of my reflection on the glass, then walk inside.
Stare at the yummy things my boss ordered to celebrate the birthday of the dean's secretary. Focus on the ice-cold champagne.

Drink champagne (3 glasses, in office hours. Yay.)

Admire the yummy sandwiches and cookies.

Look up pictures of skinny self from years ago after consuming sandwiches and cookies.
Admire the sneakers my boss pretends to ignore.
Nap on the desk.

Stare at the ceiling.

Doze off on my chair.
And tomorrow it starts all over again.

5 comments:

Jeremy Feist said...

Oh my God, Sofia, I know I probably don't say this enough, but I really do love the living crap out of you.

Lainey said...

Hmmm, maybe my office is way suckier than I thought. Yours is way better than mine AND you can nap? Booze, cookies AND naps??

Never complain about your work again. Ever. I will spank you. And not in a sexy way.

jamiepants said...

You are so fucking cute.

Rul said...

Yeah, that was all kinds of awesome.

And your desk looks so clean, mine its always a mess. No matter how hard I try, it only stays empty for like a few hours, then the caos rules again.

you and your neatness....

Marra Alane said...

Sofia, this is the most adorable thing ever. I'm super jealous of your office space, btw. As a temp, I'm never allowed to bring any personal stuff in, because I'm always in danger of being axed that day. I also like how you do no actual work at work. That's the best kind of job!